The clutch is the vital link delivering engine power to the transmission. The role of the clutch is to effortlessly transfer the power from the engine to propel the vehicle. It really is the vital link between the power source (engine) and the power distribution (transmission, differential, axles and wheels). The functions of the clutch include:
- The ability to cut engine power quickly for safe driving
- Smooth, quiet transfer of engine power to transmission
- Quick radiation of frictional heating
- Maintaining inertia after disengagement
- Making full use of the engine's power
In manual transmissions, the clutch engages and disengages the engine from the transmission as you change up and down gears or into reverse. This constant use when driving means clutches are prone to wear, and eventually need replacement.
Signs you might have a worn clutch are:
- Poor acceleration
- Increase in fuel consumption
- Speed doesn't pick up quickly compared to amount of acceleration
- Poor power when climbing hills
- Genuine Technology for Superior Performance Genuine Clutches feature torsion rubber springs rather than traditional coil springs. These superior springs provide precisely balanced and quiet rotation at high speeds - thus reducing vibration significantly.
- Superior Shock Absorption The Genuine Clutch Disc also provides easy half-clutch gear engagement because of its superior shock absorption characteristics. High slipping and high temperature resistance is achieved by using the finest quality materials on the disc facing. This ability to withstand temperature change also reduces wear-out.
- An Exact Fit Because Genuine Clutch Kits are engineered to original manufacturing standards, they fit perfectly - first time, every time. This can save substantial costs simply by reducing the 'finicky' nature of some after-market clutch fitting.
Genuine has a comprehensive range of clutch kits for just about every model in existence. These are complete kits that include everything to rebuild a clutch - saving the repairer time and effort of sourcing individual components.